Do you enjoy working with your hands to make tangible products? Do you have an eye for color and a mind for details? Put your strengths to work as a sewing machine operator with our company. In this role, you will work as part of a small team creating and assembling pillows in all the latest styles. In addition to operating machinery, you will learn solid construction and design principles. This is the perfect role for a mechanically inclined, detail-oriented problem solver.
- Operate and maintain sewing machines and related parts, including pattern plates, needles, presser feet, automatic cutting tools and blades
- Read and interpret work orders and adjust machines and materials to match, including selecting fabric, thread and needles, mounting necessary attachments and double-checking settings before beginning a large run
- Inspect and repair finished products as needed and make machine adjustments to compensate for errors or quality issues
- Record accurately the materials used, maintenance performed and the number of pieces completed during each shift, keeping each of these metrics within target ranges.
- Troubleshoot basic machinery problems and request service or repairs as needed
- Meet or exceed consistent daily and weekly output and quality goals
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years old to work with industrial machines
- Able to stand throughout shift
- Good physical (hand/eye) coordination
- Able to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experienced with sewing machines