A fabric cutter uses a pattern and cuts out the pieces of fabric or other materials to be made into clothing or other textiles.
- making sure work areas and equipment are clean
- deciding on the correct cutting method for the type of material
- preparing the fabric for cutting out by spreading it out in flat layers, smoothing out creases and checking the fabric for faults
- planning how much to cut from a piece of material so that there is not much waste
- placing the pattern on the fabric and marking round it
- cutting around the pattern using a computer-controlled cutting machine, scissors or a special electric knife
- carefully cutting delicate materials by hand
- storing fabrics correctly and checking stock levels.
- You will work in the cutting room of a factory or workshop.
- You will be doing a lot of bending, stretching, and lifting. You will have to lift heavy rolls of fabric from stockrooms.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question.
We do not base our employment decision on an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.